“Seven Days Of Kwanzaa”
Season 1, Episode 11
December 7, 2001
Wayne D. Stamps, Jr.
"Seven Days Of Kwanzaa" is the eleventh episode in season 1 of The Proud Family. It first aired on December 7, 2001.
As the Proud family goes Christmas shopping, they meet a homeless family. Oscar (of course) doesn't do anything to help them. But Trudy tells Oscar to find the family and give them some money. When Penny and Oscar find them, Penny ask them if they want to have a Christmas dinner with them. They'd love to! But Oscar wouldn't. On Christmas, they arrive seven hours early and presents the Prouds with a fruit cake. Nobody thinks much of it so they give it to Bobby. He throws it out the window! When Penny gives them their presents, they don't seem to like them. Trudy, feeling a bit concerned, asks them. They say that they celebrate Kwanzaa. Oscar asks, "Kwa-whoo?" The family tells the Prouds all about it and celebrate it with them. This may be when the Prouds learn the true meaning of the holidays.
Penny: There's a Phone Store Mama, I would really like a cell phone for Christmas.
Trudy: Penny you're not getting a cell phone for Christmas, I'd wish you would stop asking.
Penny: Daddy, why can't I have a cell phone?
Oscar: Because people with cell phones have Cell Phone Bills.
Oscar: What do you think you're doing?
Joseph: We're here to celebrate Kwanzaa.
Oscar: I thought we did that yesterday.
Bobby: Oh, everybody knows Kwanzaa's seven days.
Oscar: Seven days? I don't do anything for seven days.
Suga Mama: 'Cept go without bathing.
Bobby: I love me some fruitcake, but this smells likes somebody's bootcake owwww!
Bobby: Merry Christmas y'all! And a Happy Hanukkah too. Feliz Navidad! Feliz Navidad!
Oscar: Thanks to your stories about how turkeys are enslaved before they're pumped full of steroids, nobody could eat.
Suga Mama: Except for Bobby.
Bobby: I ate it all, y'all, it was good, y'all, I need an anti-acid y'all!
- Kyla Pratt as Penny Proud
- Tommy Davidson as Oscar Proud
- Paula Jai Parker as Trudy Proud
- Jo Marie Payton as Suga Mama
- Tara Strong as BeBe Proud, CeCe Proud and Puff
- Karen Malina White as Dijonay Jones
- Cedric the Entertainer as Bobby Proud
- Vivica A. Fox as Angel Margaret
- Samuel L. Jackson as Angel Joseph
- Pat Crawford Brown as Agnus
- Raven-Symoné as Angel Stephanie
- Orlando Brown as Sticky Webb
- Soleil Moon Frye as Zoey Howzer
- Kyla Pratt and Raven-Symone played sisters in both "Dr. Dolittle" movies.
- This episode aired at 7:00pm/6:00c.
- The cow made an entrance in this episode
- This is the first ever Disney show to celebrate Kwanzaa
- LaCienega Boulevardez is absent in this episode.