“Don't Leave Home Without It”
Season 1, Episode 10
November 16, 2001
David Mucci Fassett
Penny is entrusted with her very own credit card, which she plans on using responsibly, but it seems to have a mind of its own. Oscar, meanwhile, nearly spends his family out of house and home in his attempt to catch a mouse.
Oscar: How can you be afraid of mice? You're veterinarian. You give shots to lions and tigers for crying out loud.
Trudy: I can't help it. It's those beady eyes, that little, those big ears, and that boney tail.
Suga Mama: Do you realize you just described Oscar to a T? Oscar: At least that mouse is gone.
(the mouse reappears right next to him)
Oscar: He's standing right next to me, isn't he?
- this is the tenth episode in Season One. It first aired on November 16, 2001
- The scene where Penny is walking down the steps is recycled from "EZ Jackster"
- The Credit Card actually resembled Steve Harvey due to its "mustache".
- The episode title is an allusion to an old American Express credit card commercial campaign were "Don't Leave Home Without It" was the tagline.
- The song in this episode is called "Independent Woman" by Destiny's Child.
- This is the pilot episode of "The Proud Family".
- When Suga Mama and Puff are in the basement, she pulls off the tape and Puff's fur rips off. But after the house came back down from being filled with helium, he has all of his fur back and it has only been about a day later.
- The door knob on the front door is on the wrong side. Looking from inside the house, the door knob should be on the right instead of on the left.
- When Penny gets ice cream for her friends, its soft-served in flat-bottomed cones. But, when we see the ice cream again its 3 scoops of hard ice cream in bowls with 3 cherries.